- September 12, 2018
- Posted by: AchieveUnite
Associate Provost for Values, Diversity, and Inclusion at Maryland University of Integrative Health. She previously served as Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Chief Values Officer, Academic Director of Health Philosophy and Promotion programs, and Program Manager for the University’s health coaching and wellness coaching programs. She also previously served as director of at Tai Sophia Institute’s (now MUIH) Transformative Leadership and Social Change (TLSC) program, was a faculty member in the TLSC program for 10 years, and served as Dean of Students from 2000-2005.
Ms. Shapero has been a senior consultant and executive coach with a leading international organization development firm, consulting and coaching in the areas of leadership effectiveness, communication skills, team building, conflict resolution, diversity, change management, and transitional strategies. She has a comprehensive understanding of organizational change and has been intimately involved with helping organizations through challenging transitions. Her work has involved organizational restructuring, change management, cultural renewal, downsizing, and strategic redirection. She also brings to her work at MUIH more than 30 years as a successful small business owner.
Ms. Shapero received a bachelor’s degree from Antioch University and has a Master of Leadership from Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business. She also holds a Master Certified Coach (MCC) certification from the International Coach Federation.
- Over 10 years as an executive leader in higher education
- Nearly 2 decades of leadership – executive coaching and organization learning in federal government, higher education, and private sector
- Highest coaching certification designation through the International Coach Federation, the preeminent international coaching certifying organization
- Adjunct faculty at Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
- Masters of Leadership Georgetown University McDonough School of Business